Our Mission & Core Values
Kingdom Kare Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture children and their families so they feel empowered to pursue their dreams. We do this by focusing our attention in three areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Parenting & Family Support
Our Core Values: L.O.V.E.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- Moral or ethical quality.
- Qualities of honesty, courage or the like.
- We are being challenged to grow so that we can become great examples.
- We lay the foundation for ourselves. Through character development, we unlock our unique potential.
- We learn to utilize our intellectual, emotional and spiritual resources.
- Our education is important. So we observe and finish each class to acquire knowledge, develop the powers of sound judgment and prepare ourselves to communicate to others intellectually.
- Our observation leads to maturity in life.
- The most important thing we can obtain in this world is knowledge.
- Knowledge comes in many forms, such as through schooling, reading, talking and experiences.
- We will challenge and expose ourselves to knowledge and develop inquiry skills.
I will be a team player and I will greet others with a positive way of communicating, validating them as well as myself.
“I hear... and I forget. I see... and I remember. But I do... and I understand.”
The pursuit of destiny requires our true best, and our true best cannot be attained without the help of encouragement to others.
Our Leadership Team
- Founder of Kingdom Kare, Inc
- Founder of Kingdom Kare Childcare Center
- Certified Life Coach
- John Maxwell Certified Coach
- Published AuthorMember of the Anne Arundel County Chambers of Commerce
- Member of eWomen Network Group
- Member of AACO Early Childhood Coalition
- NECPA Board President
- 1991 Bachelor of Arts-Bank Finance (American Institute of banking)
- 1994-Certification in Small Business management
- 1994 Alpha Beta Kappa
- 2005-2006 Leadership Anne Arundel
- 2008 Bachelor’s in divinity (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
- 2011 Founder of Kingdom Kare, Inc]
- 2012 Masters in Pastoral Counseling (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
- 2012-2013 National Association of Professional Women “Woman of the Year”
- 2015 member of national honor society
- 2017 Bachelor’s in early childhood education, minor in Psychology (Ashford University)
- 2019 Recipient of the Fannie Lou Hammer Award
- 2019 Indie Author Legacy Award finalist
- 2020 Recipient of the County Executive Steuart Pittman & the Caucus of African American Leaders Michelle Obama Executive Citation.
- 2021 Founder and Executive Director of "Talking Business with Barbara"
Director of Programs
As the Director of Programs, I am responsible for supporting the work of the administrative division of Kingdom Kare Inc., to include Program Management, Staff Supervision and Client Relationships.
My desire is to create and nurture effective communication within the organization so that strong teams can be built for the purpose of carrying out the vision of Kingdom Kare Inc. and the programs we offer.
I have been in the Early Childhood profession for 8 years and have obtained experience in business management for over 10 years.
My mission as an Early Childhood Professional is to create and maintain an inviting, stimulating and developmentally appropriate learning environment for children, whereby which physical, social, cognitive and emotional development are emphasized. I strive to make a positive difference in the life of children by partnering with parents to focus on the individual needs of each child and empower them with confidence that will help them acquire a life-long love for learning. I will purpose myself to ensure that each child feels safe and secure as we develop healthy growing relationships between staff, children and parents.
Director of Operations
They say "Rome wasn't built in a day" but I guarantee it was the daily systems and intentionality that built a great empire! It is my passion to see extra-ordinary visions come to pass with processes in every seemingly ordinary day.
As the Director of Operations and creative projects at Kingdom Kare Inc. it is my responsibility to oversee daily and long-term logistics, process, and Systems as well as creative projects such as expansions, renovations, and branding. Providing support to ensure Kingdom Kare Inc. Is operating as effectively and efficiently as possible is not just a job for me, but a passion.
In my 10 years of experience running operations of personal brands, religious organizations, and retailing companies; I have developed an eye for detail and a desire for excellence. I can truly say with every system, every process, day-by-day, Kingdom Kare Inc. Is an empire where we educate, we empower, we employ!
Director of Parent Engagement
As a parent myself, I understand that is can be difficult at times to not always be aware of what may be going on in your child's learning environment or to be unaware your child progress or specific needs.
My role at Kingdom Kare Childcare Center is to promote and build relationships with families that support family well-being, strong relationships between teachers, parents and their children, and ongoing learning and development for all involved.
As the Director of Parent Engagement, my goal is to build lasting and healthy partnerships between school and home for the betterment of the children in our care.
I have over 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood Education field. I attended Bowie State University as a Communications major and have recently been awarded into Maryland State Department of Education’s Career and Professional Development program where I will be completing classes through their four-year degree of study program to receive my degree in Early Childhood Education.
I love what I do and take pride and commitment in every interaction relating to the knowledge and well-being of children and their families.
Hello, my name is Markeida Jones and I am the Director of Kingdom Kare, Inc. and I have been in this position since we opened in August 2013. At Kingdom Kare, Inc., we promise to care for your child God’s way.
I started working with children at an early age and now have over 25 years of experience caring for children. I enjoy being an Early Childhood Education professional and I have a great love and passion for children and I desire to see all children excel to their greatest potential. I count it as an honor and privilege to be trusted by the parents and guardians to care for their little ones.
In 2002, I became certified as a Military Family Child Care provider and I have cared for over 100 military children from infants to toddlers over the last 20 years. I hold both an Associate of Science Degree and Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education. I am certified as a Childcare Development Associate (CDA) and certified as a CDA Professional Development Specialist.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling with my husband and daughters as well as spending time with my family and friends.